- Apartment Agencies
- Apartment Listing Sites
- Utilities & Amenities
- Student Housing Complexes
Beginning your search for an apartment can be overwhelming. The Commuter Student Resource Center (CSRC) can offer a few places to begin your search.
Search Engine and Utilities Guide
Using our Off-Campus Housing Listing Page
Keep in mind:
- All individuals with a NetID are able to view up-to-date listings around the Chicagoland area. Users are also able to search for roommates, post listings for rental properties, and subletting. To login, click the NetID Login on the right. If you are still waiting to receive a NetID, you can apply for a temporary account here. Temporary accounts are only allowed to view ads.
- It is in the best interest of the student to contact the landlord or roommate directly and make arrangements to see the accommodations and discuss any rules and negotiable terms. Users should exercise reasonable care when choosing landlords, tenants or roommates. Users of this website should exercise a certain amount of caution and common sense in responding to requests to send them social security numbers or pre-payments.
- Landlords are able to list rental properties through our Off-Campus Housing database. This service is free to use and is an excellent way to connect directly to UIC students. Newly registered landlords can create postings immediately. All postings will be made public upon approval of their account which usually takes between 1 –3 business days.
In addition to our Off-Campus Housing Listing page, you are able to visit a number of apartment-finding search engines online. Please view the list below for more information.
Apartment Listing Sites
Student Housing Complexes
In addition to the apartment search, it is also important to explore possible options related to your future utilities including gas, electric, cable, internet, and phone. The following resources are commonly viewed by those searching for apartments in the Chicago and Chicagoland areas.
Utilities & Amenities
- RCN – Cable, Internet, and Phone
- Comcast – Cable, Internet, and Phone
- Direct TV – Satellite, Internet, and Phone
- AT&T – Cable, Internet, and Phone
- Dish Network – Satellite and Internet
- Exede – Satellite Internet
- Basic Talk – VOIP Phone Service
- Peoples Gas – Natural Gas Company (Additional Peoples Gas Information)
- ComEd – Electric Company
- CORT – Furniture Rental
Other Apartment Resources
Knowing your rights and responsibilities as a tenant is crucial to living well off-campus. We have provided the following list of resources to help you stay informed.
- Renting Tips
- Roommate Tips
- Mold Checklist
- AreaVibes – Neighborhood Information
- In My Area – Utility and Insurance Information
- Off-Campus Housing: What You Need To Know
- Legal Services
- Renter’s Insurance
- Local internet providers
- All Connect – Utility Information
- Choose Energy – How to Read Your Electric Bill
UIC Commuter Student Resource Center is in no way endorsing or speaking for the quality of the experience of these companies or agencies.
Students should navigate companies as an informed consumer and consult other resources and reviews. Students should use reasonable caution when signing with landlords and selecting roommates.